Receive up to $1000/month to hire a Dhillon School of Business Co-op Student in your family &/or small business.
About the funding
As part of a larger gift in 2016, RBC provided funding to the University of Lethbridge's Dhillon School of Business Co-operative Education program. Family and small business employers can apply to receive the financial boost they need to help hire a student who can help advance their business goals in summer, fall and/or spring semesters.
In turn, this financial support gives students the opportunity to utilize and expand their professional skills, experience and confidence by participating in paid co-op work terms with family and small businesses in southern Alberta. These work-integrated learning opportunities in turn help prepare students for a smooth transition into the business world after graduation.
Terms of reference:
- applications will be considered based on the following:
- potential impact on your business
- benefit to the co-opstudent
- location- southern Alberta
- being a family and/or small business, or an organization that has a direct impact on small business development
- businesses can apply to receive funding for up to $1000 per month for up to eight months total (two co-op work terms)
- work terms are arranged on the semester system:
- Summer: May – August
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January - April
- supervisor must be in a positionof authority and be able to provide guidance and mentorship
- student must be a current Dhillon School of Business undergraduate student at the University of Lethbridge and registered in the Co-op program
- duration of employment:
- funding is available for up to eight months or two work terms of three or four months each
- may request two students at once for a single three to four month work term as an alternative
- each work term must be 12-16 weeks, totaling at least 420 hours
- students cannot already be a full-time employee of the organization working in the same capacity as the proposed co-op work term
- student wage must be a fair living wage and fair for the industry
- funding will be received by employers monthly by invoicing the Dhillon School of Business
Apply for RBC Family and Small Business funding
Applications will be reviewed three times a year for summer, fall and spring work terms. Once through the initial review process, applicants will be contacted for further information.
If you have any questions regarding the application or the process, please contact email@example.com.
- Feb. 28 for Summer (May–Aug.) co-op positions
- June 30 for Fall (Sept.–Dec.) co-op positions
- Oct. 31 for Spring (Jan.–April) co-op positions