Posts Tagged Teaching Development
The Centre for the Advancement of Excellence in Teaching and Learning invites all faculty members to apply
for financial support of up to $5000 for projects to enhance teaching effectiveness. Projects can be on any
aspect of teaching, learning, and evaluation. Examples of past projects are:
- Fair Assessment Practice in Higher Education: A Practical Guide (Faculty of Education)
- Video and Image Package for a Canadian Economics Course (Economics Department)
- Motion Analysis and Representation Techniques in New Media: Development of Teaching Strategies
and Support Materials (New Media Department)
- Standardized Patient Program (School of Health Sciences)
- Web-Based Resources Designed to Introduce Students to the Scientific Method and Science Writing
(Biological Sciences Department)
- Understanding, Diagnosing, and Improving Team Climate in Student Teams (Faculty of Management).
CAETL will use the following criteria for judging the proposals:
- Evidence the project is innovative and applies a creative approach to the problem it addresses.
- Evidence of the potential for enduring benefits to the improvement of teaching, learning, and evaluation
practices and/or the development of new practices or expertise.
- Evidence that the project involves sound research methodology leading to clear conclusions and
CAETL will not consider applications that do not meet these criteria.
To complete an application, use the application template . If you have questions please call 403.380.1856.
Applications must be received in the office of the Centre for the Advancement of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (L1126), with a copy to your Dean, by the third Friday in January, no later than 4:30pm. Late applications will not be accepted. The competition results will be announced by the end of March 2009. Successful applicants will share their project outcomes through a written report, and where appropriate at the annual CAETL Teaching Day.
Original Post on CAETL website: http://www.uleth.ca/caetl/?p=320