Archive for category General Blackboard
The procedure is as follows. Note: only Lead instructor (as listed by theRegistrar), will be able to complete this procedure.
1) There is a column in your grade book for each class called “Final” we need to get your final letter grades in that column (A+ , A, … F). You can enter them manually, or upload them from a spreadsheet if you wish. You need to make sure you only have letter grades expected by the system, and that they are all upper case etc. For some of you this may mean you need to change the column type of the final column to “alphanumeric” (if it is a calculated column). You can do this from the “grade book Options” > “Column Settings” page.
2) There is a drop down menu at the bottom of your grade book called “export to SIS”, you need to select “Final” for that and press the green arrow button to the right on this dropdown menu to start the procedure.
3) Pretty much just follow the instructions, they will have you confirm the grades and guide you through the process.
4) If there are any errors during the process give the CRDC a call (1856) and we can work through fixing them.
If you cannot access Blackboard there may be a few reasons why.
1. You are entering the wrong username or password. If you are unsure what your username and password is, it is the same as your email username and password (Generally firstname.lastname@example.org). If this is the password you are using and it is producing an error, try using the password change form to change your password. Once your password is changed, then attemp to login again.
2. Have you requested a course yet? If you have not requested that you have a Blackboard course built then you please follow these directions.
The CRDC offers small group and one on one tutorials. This type of offering allows us to concentrate on the needs of the individual. We have found great success with this type of tutorial. To book your tutorial, contact the CRDC. (403.380.1856)
Yes. Blackboard has the capability to import past courses, and re-purpose them for future semesters. This will stay true as long as we use the same Learning Management System(LMS).
It is good practice to keep your assets organized and backed up locally so that if a LMS change does occur you can easily re-purpose the assets you have created for your course.
Student lists are imported in Blackboard courses via the Registrars Office Banner System. When your course is created, your students should have access immediately. If you find that one or some of your students do not have access to the course upon its creation, please have the student contact the CRDC(403.380.1856) and we can troubleshoot the problem for them.
Make sure you are in the builder role by choosing the build tab located near the top left of the screen.
Once in the build tab, choose Manage Course then choose Tools.
This screen allows you to toggle the tools on or off depending on your needs. Make sure the check box beside is checked if you wish that tool to be present, if not make sure the check box is blank.
Once you have checked all the tools you wish to use, click Save at the bottom of the screen. You should now see that your course menu reflects the changes.
The current version of Blackboard software (formerly known as WebCT) has allowed us to integrate the system more closely with the Registrars system. This has allowed us to solve certain issues with course lists and grade submission, however it has also required us to modify our course request system as well. The following steps outline that new system.
1) The new request form is now located within the Bridge pages. Once you have logged into the Bridge, the following steps will walk you through the procedure.
2) Select the Faculty & Advisors tab.
3) Select Add Selected CRN to WebCT
4) Select The Term of the course you want to add.
5) Select the Course you want to add from the drop down list. Please note this list will show all your courses for the given term, whether they have been added yet or not.
6) You should receive a confirmation that the course has been added. If you require any special items (previous course content, TA access, etc.), please email John Kometz (email@example.com) or call the CRDC (403-380-1856). It should take at most 24hrs for your course to become available (at: courseware.uleth.ca) using your regular U of L username and password. If your course is not available within that time, contact the CRDC (phone) or John (email) to fix any issues.