What is a Sell-back?
- The service of purchasing your used textbooks back from you at the end of a semester
- Purchase receipt is not required as this is not a return; see Textbook Return Policy
- Incomplete packages (e.g. missing CDs)
Why We Buy
- Recycling your textbooks is good for the environment
- Saves students money
- Cash back to sellers
- Allows returning students to purchase used books
How We Buy
1. For the Bookstore
- The demand is determined by
- You will receive 50% of the current new retail price.
2. For Used-book Wholesalers
- If a title is not required by the Bookstore for the next semester or we have sufficient copies, we will check lists provided to us by the used-book wholesalers.
- The used-wholesalers determine a market value for the book based on supply and demand.
When To Sell
- Year round sell-back
- In-store; at the Information Counter from 9am - 3:30pm
- End of each semester
- First month of classes
How We Pay
- Cashless buyback
- Money owed to you will be loaded onto your Debit Card.
- Receive an extra 10% if you load your money onto a U of L giftcard!