Add a Religious Studies Minor to Your Degree
Requirements for the Minor in Religious Studies
Students in the 40-course (120.0 credit hours) Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BSc), or Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc) program may declare a minor in Religious Studies, to be completed in addition to their major.
The opportunity to declare a minor in Religious Studies is available for students in the BA, BSc, or BASc program, in addition to the following majors:
- Single discipline majors, except Religious Studies
- General Major in the Humanities, provided Religious Studies is not one of the disciplinary streams
- General Major in the Sciences
- General Major in the Social Sciences
Note: The minor in Religious Studies is not available to students in the Combined Degrees programs (i.e., BA/BEd, BA/BMgt, BSc/BEd, BSc/BMgt), Post-Diploma programs, or the BA, BSc, or BASc as second degree.
Note: Students choosing to complete the minor in Religious Studies with the BASc degree program may need to complete more than the minimum 40 courses for the BASc depending on the choice of majors.
- Religious Studies 1000 - Introduction to World Religions
- One course in Religious Studies (3.0 credit hours) at the 3000/4000 level
- Four additional courses (12.0 credit hours) in Religious Studies
- Independent Study (Religious Studies 2990, 3990, 4990) or Applied Studies (Religious Studies 2980, 3980, 4980) courses may not be counted towards the minor in Religious Studies.