1. Philosophy offers a friendly format for questions from many perspectives.
2. Philosophy helps you develop logic and thinking skills.
3. Philosophy helps you organize information, ideas, and arguments.
4. Philosophy improves reading, writing, and communication skills.
5. The study of philosophy provides a good preparation for careers in such areas as journalism, politics, medicine, and the ministry.
6. Philosophy teaches open-mindedness and gives you experience in looking at a situation from various different perspectives.
7. Philosophy provides a good framework for learning about the history of ideas.
8. Central philosophical problems arise in many other subjects, including science, mathematics, history, psychology, and literature.
9. Philosophy provides you with an opportunity to reflect on fundamental questions about the universe and our place in it.
10. The study of philosophy can be part of your quest for meaning in life.
Courses & Exams
The University of Lethbridge Pronghorns represent our campus in interuniversity sport. Go Horns!
State-of-the-art recreation facilities.
Schedules and programs