Opportunities in Canada
Official Languages Programs (deadline February)
- Official Languages Monitor Program
- Summer Language Bursary Program
- Bourses d'été pour francophones hors Québec
Offers various opportunities with the Federal government.
Several options: Senate Program; Parliamentary Guide Program, Student Work Program with Library of Parliament and Parliamentary Internship Program.
Application forms for the recruitment campaign are available here. Please note that the deadline for applications to work as a Parliamentary Guide in the fall is generally the end of January. To qualify, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be a full time student at a recognized university and provide proof of registration;
- Be available for full-time employment starting in September;
- Be able to answer a variety of questions on the spot and with ease in French and English.
- For information about the program contact your University Student Placement centre or:
Library of Parliament Information Service
125 Sparks Street
Tel.: (613) 992-4793
- Language assistant in France.
- Student Guide Program in France (Veterans Affairs/Ancien Combattants Canada)
- Au pair (there are many agencies, the career resource center has some information).