INSTRUCTORS are employed by the department to teach labs and tutorials for first- and second-year courses but individually have various other duties which may include teaching courses.
- Teaching and supervision of assigned tutorials and labs.
- An Instructor is responsible for:
- preparation associated with assigned tutorials and/or labs.
- being available for office consultation with students in that course.
- An Instructor may be responsible, time permitting and by mutual agreement with the course instructor, for
- preparation and posting of assignment solution sets for use by markers and students.
- assisting in the marking of mid-term and final exams for large classes.
To best fulfil their role in assisting students, Instructors meet with the professor prior to the beginning of the course and on a regular basis thereafter. Our current Instructors are: