Computer Science Minor
- Note:Arts and Science minors are not available to students in the Combined Degrees programs (i.e., BA/BEd, BA/BMgt, BSc/BEd, BSc/BMgt), Post-Diploma programs, or the BA, BSc, or BASc as second degree.
- Note:Students choosing to complete a minor may need to complete more than the minimum 40 courses for the degree depending on the program and choice of major(s).
- Students must complete at least six courses (18.0 credit hours), including at least one course (3.0 credit hours) at the 3000/4000 level. Required courses for each minor are listed below.
- Students may not double count courses required for the minor in fulfilling requirements for their major. The six courses comprising the minor must be distinct from any such major requirements.
- For students who complete the required courses, the minor will be acknowledged on the official transcript.
- Arts and Science Minors
The minor in Computer Science is available as an adjunct to all majors in the BA, BSc, and BASc except majors in Computer Science, Computer Science and
Geographical Information Science, and the General Major in the Sciences if Computer Science is chosen as one of the disciplinary streams.
- Six courses (18.0 credit hours) in Computer Science, including at least two Computer Science courses (6.0 credit hours) at the 3000/4000 level.
- Note: Students may not include Computer Science 1000 - Introduction to Computer Science among the six courses required for the minor.
- No more than one Independent Study (Computer Science 2990, 3990, 4990) or Applied Studies (Computer Science 2980, 3980, 4980) course may be counted towards the minor.