The University of Lethbridge has two student writing competitions, Striking Prose and the Play Right Prize. These competitions are generously supported by U of L alumnus, Terry Whitehead.
The Striking Prose competition is meant to encourage excellence and development in student short story writing.
Both competitions are open to ALL U of L undergraduate students in good standing at the competition closing date. One entry per student. Student group entries are welcome.
For more information, please contact: Jay Gamble
Striking Prose Competition
- Entry should be no more than 6,000 words
- Include a cover page with your name, story title and your contact information (phone number and e-mail address). The story itself should only have the title of the work on the first page.
- Complete the Submission Form. This must be completed in full and submitted with your entry.
- Submission deadline: submit entry in hard copy to Bev Garnett (A812) by 4:00 p.m. on January 9, 2019
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250 for each competition
- A public reading of the first place winners at the University of Lethbridge - Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators
- Winning story receives writing support and advice from the adjudicators