The University of Lethbridge has two student writing competitions, Striking Prose and the Play Right Prize both generously supported by U of L alumnus Terry Whitehead.
Both competitions are open to ALL U of L undergraduate students in good standing at the competition closing date. One entry per student. Student group entries are welcome.
Striking Prose Competition
- Entry should be no more than 6,000 words
- Include a cover page with your name, story title and your contact information (phone number and e-mail address). The story itself should only have the title of the work on the first page.
- Get a submission form and complete guidelines from outside room A-840E (Prof. Jay Gamble's office).
- Submit entry in hardcopy to Bev Garnett (A-812) by 4:00 p.m. on January 10, 2018.
- For more information contact Jay Gamble
Play Right Prize Competition
- Refer to the submission guidelines for precise details – entries may be discarded if instructions are not followed exactly.
- Script must be intended for the stage (not television, film or other media) and have a reading time of 30-60 minutes.
- Get the submission form and complete guidelines on the Drama Resources page.
- Submit entry form and play, which has only the title on the first page (please number pages).
- Submit entry in hardcopy to Shawn McNamara (W660) by 4 p.m. on January 10, 2018.
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250 for each competition
- A public reading of the first place winners at the University of Lethbridge - Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators
- Winning story receives writing support and advice from the adjudicators
Submission deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2018