Sydnee Calhoun | Biochemistry (Co-op)
MOTIVATED. AMBITIOUS. ENTHUSIASTIC.
“Try to get involved in research early on to gain practical lab experience as well as a better understanding of how research actually works. In doing so you get to work with graduate students and learn more from them and you also get to know the professors in the department better.”
Favourite Class: Organic Chemistry II
Favourite Social Activity: Late night science parties
Favourite Study Spot: In the lab
What makes my uLethbridge experience unique?
- Competing at the International Genetically Engineered Machines Competition (iGEM) at the Collegiate level and receiving nominations for our 2017 project.
- Advising the High School iGEM team since 2016.
- Working with Destination Exploration to promote STEM initiatives.
- Doing Summer research and an Honours Thesis in the Wieden lab.
- Participating in the co-op program and completing two work terms at the Lethbridge Research and Development Centre.