Erin Kelly | Biochemistry (Co-op)
COMPETITIVE. METICULOUS. OUTGOING.
"If you are even a little curious about research or lab work in any field, get involved early. The learning curve is steep, but the opportunities that it generates is amazing. It will help you in class, with networking, and develop skills that may not be addressed in class, such as public speaking. I have learned more valuable skills from research work than I have from my classes."
Favourite Class: Bioenergetics and Metabolism
Favourite Social Activity: Welcome BBQ
Favourite Study Spot: Pool Viewing Area
My uLethbridge experience:
- Biochem research at uLethbridge in Grade 11 - Heritage Youth Researcher Summer (HYRS) program
- High School International Genetically Engineered Machines (iGEM) team (student & instructor)
- Started a biotechnology company and won two local business plan competitions
- Co-op work term bioengineering lab at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia
- Honours Thesis studying RNA modifications