Your Program Planning Guide (PPG) is one of the most important resources you’ll need to build your schedule.
Your PPG identifies program requirements, lists all the courses required in your specific program and includes a Sample Sequencing Plan. It is specific to your program and major and outlines the courses required to complete your degree. You should use your PPG every time you are planning your course schedule as it can help you keep track of your progress toward completing your degree.
What you will need:
- Your transcript (download a working copy from the Bridge)
- Your Program Planning Guide and Degree Planning Worksheet, if applicable (available online)
- You may need old timetables to double-check the course designation for the Liberal Education List Requirement of some of your courses. (available online here)
How to do your own program check:
- Count the number of courses on your transcript. Combined degree students should count only the Arts & Science courses.
- Download or pick up the correct Program Planning Guide and Worksheet (if applicable) for your calendar year and major.
- Go through your transcript and write down each course you have successfully completed.
- Now, go to your Program Planning Guide and check off the requirements for your major that you have completed. Consult the Timetable if you need to check the designation of a course.
- Bring your Program Planning Guide and Worksheet (if applicable) to M2102 to have it checked by an Arts & Science Student Program Advisor!