Please note the following consultation policies:
- You are expected to bring in a printed hard copy (draft) of your writing assignment to the consultation; it is difficult for instructors to make editorial suggestions and to work with students over a shared laptop or other electronic device. Students who arrive with screen copies only will be asked to return with a print-out.
- It is preferable that all consultations be booked and confirmed at least 24 hours in advance.
- Students are welcome to drop in for unscheduled appointments during operating hours, but please note that tutor availability is not guaranteed.
- We request that all consultation cancellations be made at least 24 hours in advance, barring emergency. Cancellations can be made through the Online Appointment Calendar, by phone, or by email. Students who do not follow this rule will be blocked from making further appointments at the Centre. They may be reinstated at the discretion of the Writing Centre Coordinator.
- To assist all students most equitably, we request that you limit your consultations to a maximum of twice a week during the summer terms, and, during the fall and spring terms, to twice a month/once a week, to a maximum of six sessions.
- Students who are disrespectful and/or verbally abusive to Writing Centre staff will be barred from using the Centre.
- Students who do not show up for their appointments are recorded as "no-shows." After two no-shows, students will be blocked from making future appointments at the Centre. They may be reinstated at the discretion of the Writing Centre Coordinator.
Appointments can only be made up to two weeks in advance of the current date on the Online Appointment Calendar.