Alcohol Awareness
Getting Help

If you are concerned about your drinking or that of someone you know, and need help, please see a counsellor before the situation becomes overwhelming. Remember it is a sign of strength to ask for help when you need it!

On Campus

University Counselling Services
- 320-5700
Counselling Services is located in the Registrar's office in the Students' Union Building (SUB). The services are available without charge and confidential. Although normally operating on an appointment basis, counsellors will see students experiencing a personal crisis as quickly as possible.
The primary purpose of the Counselling Services Office is to contribute to the total well-being and development of individual students. Personal counselling, career counselling and academic skills development programs are offered to assist students in realizing their educational, social and personal potential.

Off Campus

Help Line 1-866-33-AADAC
Their local office is located at 200 - 5th Ave. South, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4L1
Phone: 327-8049

Alcoholics Anonymous - 24 hour Help Line 327-8049
There is an AA chapter on Campus for students that meets Tuesdays at 7:00pm in Anderson Hall. For more information, call 320-5700.
Medical Help

If you have health concerns regarding alcohol use you may want to talk to a Nurse or Doctor.

University Health Centre
- 329-2484
The Health Centre is located in SU-020 in the Students' Union Building. Students can call or drop by to book an appointment with a doctor on campus, or talk about their health concerns with a nurse. When booking an appointment, ask for privacy and clearly indicate to the receptionist the reason for the visit. The appointment will be booked for a longer, uninterrupted one-on-one time with a doctor to fully deal with your concerns. A full yearly physical may also be needed to order blood work, assess liver function, deal with sexually transmitted disease concerns, and other issues that can emerge from alcohol problems.

The Health Centre provides health education services, on-campus clinic services (physician clinics, chiropractic clinics, massage therapy clinics, physiotherapy clinics, dietitian services, and nurse services), as well as provincial health insurance information.

After Hours and Weekend Emergencies
After hours and weekend emergencies should be handled through:

• Campus Security (329-2345) or,
• Emergency service at the Regional Hospital, or
• Samaritan's Crisis Line (320-1212) for personal crisis situations

Last Updated: January 11,2005

©2004 The University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta, T1K 3M4